The Year I Became Isabella Anders by Jessica Sorensen

The Year I Became Isabella Anders (Isabella Anders, #1)
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
This is another one of Sorensen's YA books, which I did enjoy alot. We meet Isabella Anders, the black sheep of her family. She the right side of the brain (artistic and creative) while the "rest" of her family is left sided. Her sister Hannah is Mean Girls and Carrie mixed together. She is the typical mean, blonde, cheerleader stereotype.

Isabella Anders
Isabella goes on a trip with Grandma and cousin(who are both awesome sauce by the way) to Europe. It's like self discovery (like the title suggest) where truly finds herself and doesn't have to deal with her family or Kyler (one the love interests). The trip was very important to the plot of this book and also the character. I don't want to devolve to many details or scenes for this book but, Isabella truly does find herself.


The synposis might lead you to think that the romance in the book is very important but to me, it didn't really seem like that. At first we do realize Isa has crush on Kyler (ugh...) but I just we could just be like TeamIsabella and pick someone we would think would be perfect for. Even though I think Kai would do wonders for our girl. Kai is till like our Scherzinger's cat we really don't know what's going to happen with him. But I like'em.


I'm giving this book  3 stars. I liked but it's not up there with the Coincidence of Callie & Kayden awesomeness. Can't wait to read The Year of Falling in Love.

Comments

Popular Posts