Sweet Sinful Nights by Lauren Blakely

Sweet Sinful Nights (Sinful Nights, #1)
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

The prologue starts this one off with a huge fight between Brent and Shannon that ended their engagement and the first chapter picks up ten years later. Second chance romance is definitely hit or miss with me but for some reason I just was not feeling the love between these two.

Brent is a comedian turned night club owner that still does stand up on the side. He's definitely fun and can turn pretty much anything into a joke. I really just felt like everything was one big joke to him in the beginning. He did sort of redeem himself later on, but I just had a real hard time warming up to him. I really enjoyed Shannon and the depth that she brought to the story. Being raised by her grandparents, getting injured and not being able to follow her dreams as a dancer, then having her heart broken by the man that has always been her rock, she did not have an easy life but she wasn't bitter and still followed her dreams as much as possible. I'm not going to lie, I wish she would have made Brent fight a little harder for her.

Basically it was just Brent and Shannon coming together and trying to make it work the second time around, which I probably would have enjoyed a lot more if it didn't take me so long to warm up to Brent.
Long story short, even though this one didn't really work for me I'll definitely be checking out the next book in the series, and hopefully I'll enjoy that one a little more.  it was still an okay read and 3.5 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts