All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

All the Light We Cannot See
THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
If you didn't know, I'm a big history buff. Like borderline obsessive especially, 1940's European history. I think it's because it all started with Number the Stars then The Book Thief. Plus my great-papa was an Polish-American spy in WW2.
 I love Marie-Laure and Werner(like Warner from Shatter Me, Oh my Glob!!!). Marie-Laure is so strong, not letting her blindness be handicap for her. And Werner for being orphan and not letting dreams stop at just being a coal miner. I loved how they grew throughout the whole story. Great uncle Etienne because he reminds me so much of my great-papa and papa who both fought in wars that almost broke them.(WW2 and Vietnam). 
I give this book: 4 stars. Only 4 because, the ending left me wanting more and what really happened to Sea of Flames. Also, why was Captain von Rumpel or Rummel even in this story?

Comments

Popular Posts